Initng Release Page
initng-0.6.10.1 Adesso e Fortuna
- Fixed a bug in the signal event code.
- Removed the service_file plugin.
initng-0.6.10 Adesso e Fortuna
- Disabled the find plugin, it's problematic.
- Added RUNLEVEL_PREFIX option, defaults to "runlevel/".
- Set close-on-exec flag on the opened files to avoid explicitely
- Finished the service_file plugin, it's usable now.
initng-0.6.9 Shappire Sparks
- Implemented an internal event system, that replaces plugin-hooks.
- Added event plugin, the skeleton for ifiles event support.
- Added FORCE_POSIX_IFILES option, to force POSIX compliance on ifiles.
- Changed the beviahour of initng when pid != 1, now fake-mode is activated via a parameter (--fake)
- Updated the documentation.
- A lot of bugfixing.
- Optimized the depend algorithm.
- Automatically zap failed services if the source changes.
- Added service_file plugin (experimental).
- Some bug fixes.
initng-0.6.7 Never been so good (Part 4)
- the whole code which was LGPL by accidentisnow GPL again
- Added netdev plugin, network interfaces can now be used like need = device/eth0;
- Added fmon plugin, if initng sources are modified, initng will notice.
- Plugin paths are saved in initng core for monitoring.
- killalli5 has been improved with an ignore list, tries not to kill initng services.
- initng-usplash, now proper usplash support with ubuntu.
- Plugins are now loaded in alpabetical order, might prevent bugs when the order is random, also easier to test.
- New version check when loading plugins, hopefully no more problems where stale plugins in /lib/initng* prevented your computer from booting.
- Thanks to fmon plugin, hopefully problems mounting / read only due to a kernel bug is fixed, read wiki FAQ for more info about this bug.
- nge plugin now gives some more info to the listeners.
- nge protocol version bumped.
- add cpout_nocolors to initline if you dont like ansi colors on screen.
- Lots of bugfixing as usual.
initng-0.6.6 Never been so good (Part 3)
- In service type, the services can be set as hidden, for more internal services used as deps only.
- cpout plugin will now not print services marked as hidden.
- ngc -s wont print hidden services.
- ngc -S is moved to ngc -t
- ngc -S will work like ngc -s, but also show hidden services.
- provide plugin got some fixes.
- selinux is hopefully working now, please test and report.
- Some bugfixing all over.
initng-0.6.5 Never been so good (Part 2)
- A bug in iparser made initng segfault if trying to start a service like test/*/* with ngc -u test/abc/def.
- Add a state REQ_NOT_FOUND that will be put on services that require = not_found; instead of refusing to start them.
- Selinux code moved to a plugin, is so far untested.
initng-0.6.4 Never been so good
- GNU autotools support has been removed completely - cmake is better in many ways.
- Install the libs to /lib64 if needed.
- The nge socket now reports % complete on boot, is possible to build splash daemons listening on ngebus during boot.
- Work on making escape chars work in i-files, with i-parser. \; wont break the row anymore.
- Many string functions were rewritten to decrease cpu usage.
- Added the possibility to use test/*/* services.
- Fixed a cirular bug in i_parser used by the find plugin that could have locked up initng.
- Added a new command to be able to manually launch scripts in i-files for other functions than starting and stopping a service.
- Fixed a buffer handling bug.
- Ngc4 protocol updates.
- Add state descriptions on all states printed by ngc -S (--states).
- Fixed random ngc command failure.
- Lots of bugfixing and memleaks fixed as usual.
- Add a provide plugin for service virtuals (not enabled by default to copile, this plugin is pretty untested).
- Add a NO_CACHE option which can be added to service_types which are not based on a file. This one is experimental, and only used by the provide plugin today which is not compiled by default.
- Ngc4 header updated.
initng-0.6.3 "Chocolate Chip"
- Rewrote fix_variables, the new version is faster, but may still contain bugs.
- Fix_varibles rewrite, env_parser = $CONFFILE; now works.
- Fixed bug where if A=HELLO, B=$A, C=$B, C was not assigned the correct value (#553).
- Fixed bug where env_file was not always parsed correctly.
- Add ngc -S (--states) which lists the current states services can have, and soon maybe description of the states.
initng-0.6.2 Closing the fds
- Fixed a bug in the ngc4 plugin; file descriptors were not closed and could cause
remounting / read-only on shutdown to fail
- Non-essential console output has been reduced
- Nge plugin partially redesigned
- Core functions renamed to better describe their purpose
initng-0.6.1 Progressing fast
- Completed support for cmake - you will need cmake to install Initng now!!!
Autotools is no longer supported and if you use it, you do so at your own risk
- New website adress http://www.initng.org/
- Only one runlevel (note system is no longer counted as a runlevel -
you must rename it to system.virtual) can be up at once, trying to start
a second runlevel will stop the first, along with any services not listed
in the new runlevel
- add itype binary, that will soon be a tool for offline usage of .i files
- Make ngc -u /etc/full/path/ifile.i work
- Rewrote process buffer handling
- Filecache updates: Initng won't read an i file over and over again for each entry in it
- Completely rewritten ngc4 plugin: nicer output, written as an clientpart so
writing gui-tools using ngc is now possible.
- Added comments to the code
- Documentation/templates added for all plugins
- Cleanups in the code and output
- Fixed segfault from DBus plugin
- Initng data storage backend rewritten.
- Fond and fixed a lot of memoryholes
- Add support for google coredumper on segfaults
- nge plugin updates, to work with the really nice initng-gnome tool
- Segfaulting code is now more safe.
- Moved some commands used for devel users from stcmd to debug_commands plugin
- Hot reload issues fixed
- Cpu usage has been reduced
- LOTS OF BUGFIXING.
- much more
initng-0.6.0 Make it modular
- First modular release - don't forget to install the initng-ifiles package
- Various minor ngcs improvements
- lots of work on the build system
- added a xml based event protocol
- don't start udev several times (#485)
- lots of other work