Kodi is a great media center application with a few really amazing features. It is created for the large screen, making it ideal for a house entertainment center or HTPC. But whatever you are using it upon you want a good way to interact with this. A computer keyboard and mouse are fine, but that is not just a comfortable experience when you are on the sofa and would like to see a movie. So, let’s begin with “Top 3 Best Kodi Keyboard”.
Top 3 Best Kodi Keyboard
#1, Logitech K380 Multi-Device Bluetooth Keyboard
- Multi-device Bluetooth keyboard: Universal keyboard for typing on all your computing devices: Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Android, iPad, iPhone, Apple TV 2nd or 3rd generation (Any Bluetooth-enabled computers or mobile devices that support external keyboards with HID profile. Check with device manufacturer for details.)
- Easy-switch: Connect up to 3 devices simultaneously and switch between them at the touch of button. Wireless range 10 meter
- Logitech flow cross-computer typing: Use as a regular keyboard or combine with a compatible Logitech flow mouse (sold separately) to type, copy, paste and move files seamlessly between computers
- Compact mobile keyboard: Easy to carry around your home for familiar typing in any room and Logitech options for Windows (Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or later), Logitech options for Mac (OS X 10.8 or later)
- OS adaptive: Automatically recognizes each device and maps keys to give you a familiar layout, including shortcuts. Battery life (not rechargeable) - 24 months. Connection type: Bluetooth classic (3.0)
The very simple and surprisingly trendy Bluetooth computer keyboard K380 from Logitech is one of the best all-around purchases for Kodi users. The apparatus itself is bigger than a typical computer keyboard, but not too small you’ll have difficulty using it. It fits neatly on a table or lap and slides right into a backpack for quick excursions, also boasts a two-year routine use battery life, which ought to extend much farther if you simply use it to get Kodi typing.
You may even utilize dedicated function buttons to connect the keyboard to three individual devices, switching between them using a single tap.
#2, Rii i8+ 2.4GHz Mini Wireless Keyboard
- 3 in 1 MultiFunction: 2.4GHz Mini Wireless QWERTY keyboard ＆TouchPad combo＆ LED backlit with USB interface adapter. Touchpad which supports multi-finger functions, A single finger click as left mouse function two-finger click as the right mouse function double finger drag as the rolling screen. Built-in rechargeable lithium battery !
- Game Handle Design: The mini wireless keyboard android is designed like a handle for game player. There are 2 round polorus on the right and left side of the keyboard. At the same time, it also looks like a really keyboard for PC or Notebook.
- Wireless Remote Control: The keyboard can be connected to devices that have a standard USB interface using a mini receiver. And, it can be used as a remote replacement. Its operational range is up to 25 meters.
- Built-in high sensitive smart touchpad with 360-degree flip design.Ideal for devices such as PC Laptop Raspberry Pi 2-3 MacOS Xbox 360 Xbox One PS3 PS4 Google Android TV Box HTPC IPTV and so on.For our i8+ 2.4G Wireless keyboard can work with Amazon Fire TV.Special Notice: if you want to use this keyboard with Amazon Fire TV 4K and Amazon Fire Stick you need to prepare a Micro USB host OTG cable.
Among the first things, you’ll notice concerning the Rii i8+ is its peculiar form. It is almost just like a joypad and the front of it’s indeed covered in buttons which there is hardly any space left. Nevertheless, this product provides complete control over Kodi thanks to its own small, gesture-supporting touchpad and full QWERTY keyboard. This keyboard is backlit also, making it ideal for using Kodi using off the lights.
You will find two variations of the computer keyboard; just one uses Bluetooth, another utilizes 2.4GHz radio signals. We determined that the latter variant could be more suitable for most users since it doesn’t rely upon a device having Bluetooth support. Therefore, this keyboard will operate on almost any device with a USB port including PC, Raspberry Pi, and Amazon Fire TV.
Both variants use a Mini-USB cable to charge an internal battery, as well as the 2.4-GHz version calls for a completely free USB port for the own receiver.
Presently, the Rii 8has over 1600 reviews on Amazon, and over half of them are five-star ratings. But some buyers have undergone difficulties at which the touchpad enrolls gestures when none is intended, and many others have discovered it may be tough to find the ideal button combination to input certain characters. The touchpad may be secured to avoid this, however, and it is unlikely you are going to need to remap anything since each of the punctuation keys is just the same as they’re on a full-sized computer keyboard.
#3, Jelly Comb Mini Wireless Keyboard
The Jelly Comb computer keyboard is 6″ wide and is fundamentally a mobile phone keyboard turned on its side. There are a few differences, nevertheless. To begin with, this version has two distance bars and FN keys, one on each side. Second, there is the touchpad, arrow keys, and 2 mouse buttons. The keyboard’s small size and a broad assortment of media keys allow it to be a less costly option to the iClever version, but the tradeoff is that this is very much an”in your home” computer keyboard.
One of the explanations for this is the fact that it lacks Bluetooth performance. Instead, it uses radio frequencies and the recipient takes a USB port, making it unsuitable for iPhone and Android Kodi installations. Nevertheless, because of the distant control-style layout, this computer feels natural to utilize. It’s more than 140 glowing reviews on Amazon, and the only problem with it is that it goes into sleep mode every five minutes and takes a couple of seconds to awaken.
The Jelly Comb is your cheapest keyboard in our listing, at $19.99. Surprisingly, though it’s really inexpensive, it includes a lifetime warranty. Many of the product’s reviews attest to it working for lengthy intervals, so with luck, you’re never going to have to create use of the guarantee in any way.
Best Kodi Keyboard Shortcuts
R — Rewind Kodi. Press it a couple of times to rewind 2x, 4x, 8x, and so forth. –
F — Quick forward Kodi. Again, press it to accelerate the speed.
P — Perform your movie back to a regular pace.
S — Stop your movie.
Spacebar — Toggle between pausing and playing with your movie
+ — Increase your Kodi volume.
— — Reduce your Kodi quantity
\ — Toggle Kodi full display and window. Very handy once you’re multitasking, change from full screen to window and rear. –
T — Toggle subtitles in Kodi off and on.
Escape — Exit display or go back to your Kodi dwelling menu.
A — Kodi sound out of sync? Use A to correct the audio track on the movie to line up the movie and sound monitors.
S — Instantly shutdown Kodi out of its power menu regardless of what screen you’re in.
There are lots of good remote controls for Kodi with people above only a few to pick from.
Which kind of hardware that’s utilized to operate Kodi will have to be taken into consideration and will need to be harmonious with the controller.
Keep in mind that most computer keyboards and mouse may even utilize Android TV boxes and maybe a good solution for some.
Having a good controller may go quite a way to generate a Kodi media center a far greater experience.