Are you wanting to purchase the best Asus laptop under 400? You’re at the ideal location.
Now, there are a number of alternatives for you to choose from and it is rather easy to become overwhelmed by the thousand choices on the market. We bring one of the best Asus laptops under 400 that will be suitable for your requirements, which perform in addition to flagship laptops. We’ve examined the laptop specs, features, build quality, Brand worth, etc and also have come up with a listing of their best Asus laptop under 400
Top 6 Best Asus Laptop Under 400$
#1, Asus VivoBook 15
- Powerful AMD Dual-Core Ryzen 3-3200U 2.6GHz Upto 3.5GHz
- 14. 1” wide, 0. 7” thin and portable footprint with a NanoEdge bezel for a stunning 88% screen-to-body ratio
- 15. 6” anti-glare full HD Wide view display with ASUS splendid software enhancement
- 4GB DDR4 RAM and 128GB SSD; ergonomic backlit chiclet keyboard with fingerprint reader
- Comprehensive connections including USB 3. 1 Type-C (Gen1), USB 3. 0, USB 2. 0, and HDMI; Lightning-fast Wi-Fi 5 (802. 11AC) keeps you connected through any congestion or interference | Windows 10 Home S Mode
Asus VivoBook 15 is a newly established laptop that’s the best selection for students and frequent travelers that are searching for a fantastic sub-$400 laptops. It’s completed in a slate gray color which adds premium appearances for this, and it’s likewise a lightweight system.
It sports a 15.6-inch complete HD screen that isn’t smart enough to be utilized in direct sun, but it is an adequate panel complete for multimedia and work with great viewing angles. The bezels across the screen are extremely little, which adds a contemporary look for this budget notebook.
The backlit keyboard of this ASUS VivoBook 15 is designed to provide a comfortable typing experience, and its touchpad can be enormous and provides good accuracy. It comes equipped with daily demanded ports and slots, and includes Wi-Fi for wireless online connectivity, which is not the most up-to-date but considering the purchase price of this laptop that is fine. Strong 10th Gen Intel Core i3 processor stays beneath its lasting outer-body, and it’s combined with 8GB of RAM to provide the best performance for all your functions. The storage section on the laptop is handled by the little yet quick 128GB of SSD. It’s Intel UHD integrated images that offer adequate images back up to operate Adobe Photoshop and other comparable applications efficiently.
Due to the most recent specs and features that ASUS VivoBook 15 provides, it’s but one of the greatest contenders at the best laptops under $400 segment.
- The strong processor according to 10nm structure
- Wonderful display
- Strong battery
- Outstanding physical features
- Underwhelming storage capability
#2, Asus VivoBook Flip
- Powerful and efficient Intel Dual Core Celeron N3350 up to 2.4GHz; 64GB eMMC storage, 4GB DDR3 RAM and comes with Microsoft 10 S and Office 365
- 11.6 inches HD touchscreen glossy display combined with a lightweight 2.8 pound body designed to help you be productive and mobile
- Designed from the ground up for on the go users with an all day battery life of 8 hrs*
- Durable 360 degree hinge that allows it to be used in laptop, stand, or tablet mode
- Windows 10 S is the new standard in app and cloud based operating systems. Windows 10 S is a 100% app based version of Windows where applications are verified and tested for quality on the Microsoft store. There is also the ability to switch to Windows 10 Home in easy simple steps through the Microsoft Store for free.
This is still another convertible laptop on the listing, boasting of a unique screen, host of form variables, and reliable processing elements. The Asus VivoBook Flip feels like a mid-range apparatus rather than a normal budget notebook.
Concerning functionality, this gadget is really nifty courtesy of the Intel Celeron N4000 CPU, capable of attaining turbo clock rates of 2.6GHz. The Intel UHD 600 GPU also functions according to expectations.
In addition, you get access to 4 gigs of LPDDR4 RAM and an ultra-fast 64GB eMMC storage module. Concerning the operating system, Asus features the power-saving Windows 10 S style. The business also features Microsoft Office 365 Suite as a complementary addition.
The 14-inch touch screen is optimized and incredibly responsive. The entire HD panel provides a screen resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels along with also the narrow bezels further boost the screen-to-chassis ratio. Asus also boasts of this 178-degree, wide-view technology.
The accuracy touch service is well-complemented from the superb ergonomic computer keyboard and also an efficient touchpad. Apart from that, the system features a VGA webcam followed closely with a typical mic and speakers that are integrated, powered by SonicMaster acoustic technologies.
The Asus VivoBook Flip weighs only a mere 3.3 lbs and flaunts a very slim chassis and a very durable metallic hinge behind 360-degree convertibility. In addition, the present form factor lets you utilize exactly the very same in the rack, tent, tablet computer, as well as laptop-style. The business also brings forth the Type-C, Micro HDMI, along with other operational ports for improved productivity.
Asus boasts of a superb battery and provides up to 14 hours of backup, even though average to heavier use. SuperBattery Technology creates the battery last nearly 3 times longer as compared to some other apparatus in precisely the exact same category. All in all, the VivoBook Flip is among the more well-balanced gadgets in our listing, characterized by excellent aesthetics.
- Superb battery module
- Vibrant display
- Outstanding structural layout
- Decent processor
- The underwhelming eMMC storage device
#3, ASUS CHROMEBOOK 15
- Lasts up to 10 hours creating a perfect balance between entertainment and productivity
- The 15. 6-inch NanoEdge HD display has an ultra-narrow 6mm bezel with anti-glare coating making it perfect for entertainment and productivity.
- The HD display has a durable 180 degree hinge that can be laid flat to share content easily.
- Powered by the Intel Dual-Core Celeron N3350 Processor (2M Cache, up to 2. 4 GHz) for fast and snappy performance.
- 4GB DDR3 RAM; 32GB eMMC storage and USB Type-C (Gen 1) and Type-A ports. HD Webcam
This Asus Chromebook is a fantastic looking laptop using a sizable 15.6″ screen. In spite of the huge screen, this laptop stays physically little because of the very narrow screen bezels (6mm). The antiglare screen coating is also welcome should you work outdoors or in environments with a lot of glowing lights.
The battery life is great at 10 hours. The battery life and lightweight (3.1 lbs ) can make this a fantastic laptop for travel or other highly portable applications.
Using an Intel Celeron N3350, 32GB of solid-state memory, and 4GB of RAM, you will receive decent functionality for basic tasks such as file editing, email, and surfing the internet.
Though it’s incredibly light and slim, you will still find all of the typical ports needed to connect on the move, such as USB Type-C, micro HDMI plus a headset jack. Additionally, you have a microSD card reader to package up your photographs and other vital files in the street.
Notice that this can be a Chromebook so you are going to be utilizing Chrome OS instead of Windows. But, Chrome OS provides many advantages, such as improved safety, lower price, and better usage of storage resources. Nonetheless, if you’re wishing to use Windows software, then you need to consider a different version.
This laptop/tablet combo gives the energy you need when at home but may also be just as mobile as any pill on the market. This will be excellent for registering that article, then seeing a movie on the move.
#4, Asus ImagineBook 14″ Laptop
- 14" Full HD (1920 x 1080) resolution boasts impressive color and clarity. Energy-efficient LED backlight. Built-in HD webcam with microphone; Makes it easy to video chat with family and friends or teleconference with colleagues over Skype or other popular applications.
- Intel Dual-Core m3-8100Y 1.10 GHz Up to 3.40 GHz; Intel UHD Graphics 615; On-processor graphics with shared video memory provide everyday image quality for Internet use, basic photo editing and casual gaming.
- 4GB system memory for basic multitasking; Adequate high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run multiple applications and browser tabs all at once; 128GB solid state drive (SSD); While offering less storage space than a hard drive, a flash-based SSD has no moving parts, resulting in faster start-up times and data access, no noise, and reduced heat production and power draw on the battery.
- Wireless-AC Connect to a Wireless-AC router for nearly 3x the speed, more capacity and wider coverage than Wireless-N. Backward-compatible with all other Wi-Fi networks and hotspots.
- Windows 10 brings back the Start Menu from Windows 7 and introduces new features, like the Edge Web browser that lets you markup Web pages on your screen.
Asus ImagineBook 14″ is a newly established laptop with top looking chassis and best in class functionality. It’s finished in white color, and its textured lid provides this laptop with a fashionable appearance and provides great traction. It’s 14 inches of a complete HD display, that’s bright and vibrant which makes this laptop best for viewing movies on Netflix.
Additionally, it has incorporated HD webcam for video calling Skype and its apparent sounding speakers add more life to your favorite music and films. It’s a computer keyboard with spaced keys for a comfortable browsing experience. Its touchpad can be large and supports multi-finger gestures providing convenience to utilize Windows 10 with this laptop.
It includes all essential ports and slots such as USB Type-C, USB 3.0, USB 2.0, HDMI, and memory card slot. In addition, the laptop weighs only 3.5 pounds which makes it best for daily commuters.
This laptop has an Intel Core m3 dual-core processor in addition to integrated Intel HD images that make this laptop strong enough to play games enjoys Asphalt 9 and also for other regular tasks. It’s 4GB of RAM, which aids in conducting Windows 10 fluidly quickly, and it’s quick 128GB of SSD storage to store your files.
Asus ImagineBook is among the best-assembled and acting laptop in this budget. It’s also among the best laptops for school or college students due to its lightweight. Consequently, if you’re trying to find the laptop that’s stylish, durable, and better doing, then that is the best choice under your own $300 budget.
#5, ASUS Chromebook Flip C213SA-YS02 11.6-inch
If you’re seeking a laptop for kids or for college students that may stand the misuse of day-to-day classroom lifestyle, you then won’t fail with all the ASUS Chromebook Flip C213-YS02.
It’s a flexible 2-in-1 layout with just two alloy-zinc hinges which may transform the laptop into various modes: rack, capsule, or tent computer. It’s a remarkably solid construction with rubber bumpers protecting the entire body, with ASUS saying that it’s been designed to fulfill MIL-STD 810G army specifications. It’s an 11.6-inch matte 1366 x 768 screen that’s reported to be rather subdued, but it’s reputed to provide some impressive viewing angles.
The computer keyboard is comfortable to use with customers praising its opinions and essential travel, and also the big, buttonless trackpad can also be nicely designed and simple to use. It is not particularly strong, including a 1.1GHz Intel Apollo Lake dual-core Celeron N3350 CPU plus a small 4GB of RAM. You’ll have the ability to complete basic tasks like video streaming, sentence editing, and picture viewing, and you’ll have the ability to surf the net, but it is going to suffer from slowdowns if you’re a heavy multitasker. It’s ideal for college usage, however, since you won’t want more for writing documents and doing research on the web.
The 32GB of the storage area isn’t anything, and Chromebooks all have problems with storage area problems, which means you’ll have to create use of storage. There’s also a microSD card slot that supports cards up to 512GB. It’s two webcams: one over the screen that is just 1MP which produces terrible image quality; and another over the keyboard that’s 5MP and that’s assumed to be utilized during tent or tablet-style. It’s a 12-hour battery life based on ASUS, but a few have discovered that it’s closer to 14 hours, that’s the greatest lasting laptop inside this guide. It’s a fantastic choice of ports, coming together with two USB Type-C interfaces and 2 USB 3.0 interfaces.
Though the ASUS Chromebook Flip C213-YS02 provides lower end functionality compared to our high pick under the conventional laptops, Acer Aspire E 15 E5-575-33BM 15.6-inch, it equipped with durability and portability in mind, and also its own functionality is ideal for college use and faculty use.
- Strong, durable layout
- Ideal for college or school Usage
- Great Choice of vents
- Cozy keyboard
- Great trackpad
- Class top battery life
- Small performance
- Very small storage space
- Camera quality is bad
#6, ASUS VivoBook Max X541SA
Asus is known for producing some fantastic apparatus and here we’ve got the VivoBook Max that’s powered by the Intel Pentium N3710 CPU. You also receive 4GB of RAM and a 500GB HDD. The laptop is comparatively light and thin and comes in Black and Silver. The plan is really clean and easy and I understand that lots of folks like that at a laptop.
You receive Windows 10 in order to do far more than simply light gaming on the move. The laptop has one USB 3.0 port along with a set of USB 2.0 interfaces. Additionally, it has a headset jack and HDMI interface but no USB Type-C.
The laptop has a comparatively little footprint, so it’s not hard to carry. You may take it with you where you’re doing. The cost is below $300, making it excellent value for the money. This may not be that effective but it may get you through your daily life.
The 4GB RAM is restricting and you may find out then if you’re going numerous items at precisely the exact same time then the laptop will begin to become slow. Though the laptop is excellent value for money the battery life isn’t good and you’ll have to choose the charger with you.
- Great funding laptop
- Asus construct quality
- Relatively light and thin
- Can get slow when multitasking
- 4GB RAM is restricting
Frequently Asked Questions
What features should you look for in a $400 laptop?
If you’re inclined to devote a meager 400 bucks for a new machine, then you should have realistic expectations. Expected features must incorporate a nice chunk of RAM, long-lasting battery, portability, adequate screen, along with a generous variety of ports.
Would you play games on the budget laptop?
A funding notebook can simply encourage casual games and is not potent enough to play with graphic-intensive games because of the absence of a dedicated graphics card. An integrated graphics card can’t process framework rates quickly enough and virtually every device on the record is famous for hardcore and professional gaming.
Is a $400 laptop good enough for professional jobs?
A $400 laptop is an adequate selection for managing video calls, spreadsheet processing, and basic productivity jobs that need minimum levels of professional indulgence. But if you’re seeking a system that could handle more demanding jobs such as editing, applications, and much more, the one having a good chunk of RAM has to be considered.
Are sub-$400 laptops strong enough for Video and Photo Editing?
For professional developers using complex applications places such as Lightroom, Camtasia, and more, $400 laptops are not strong enough, despite the RAM upgradeability. But, online video and photo editing are all well-supported.
Why would most budget notebooks offer better battery backup?
Most funding notebooks have underpowered or mid-range processing parts that are power-efficient. Furthermore, these gadgets are just employed for basic productivity and instructional tasks that put minimal strain on the battery unlike the gadgets committed towards high-end gaming.
These would be the best recommended best Asus laptop under 400$ in my side. Before picking any of these laptops I suggest you check all of the laptop reviews and its specs to ensure the laptop is ideal in accordance with your requirements.
I am hoping this report can help you out to pick the best Asus laptop that fulfills all of your requirements. Feel free to comment below, in case you have any doubts or want tips on a budget laptop.